25 June 2020
Dear Parents / Carers,
I trust you all had a good day.
Provision for Next Week - Critical Workers and Vulnerable Groups
In order to book your child into our provision next week, please complete this form - https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/WB29June/. This needs to be completed by Sunday 28 June 2020 at 5pm so I can ensure we have the number of staff available.
I wish to stress that parents/carers retain the authority to decide whether school is an appropriate environment for their children. Parents will not be fined for non-attendance at this time, and schools will not be held to account for attendance levels.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the higher demand for this provision, we now need to run two groups with immediate effect. Therefore, the following changes are now in place.
Year 7 and Year 8
- Year 7 and Year 8 students will continue to attend the provision from 08:30 - 14:30. Their provision will start with the Sports session from 08:30-09:30. Then they will continue with their distance learning in R04. This is the same procedures as has been in place.
- Year 7 and Year 8 students will have their break and lunch on the back netball court (or in the Drama Studio if the weather is bad).
- Year 9 students will attend the provision from 09:30 - 14:30 (one hour later than Year 7 and Year 8). They must not arrive on site before 09:25.
- They will be located in the library where they will complete their individual mock exams. It is up to the student do arrange their mock exam timetable following the instructions that have been sent (see below for further details).
- Year 9 students must arrive with their revision and / or mock papers. If a student studies Music, they will need to bring in their own headphones.
- Year 9 students will have their break and lunch on the new carpark (or in the Hall if the weather is bad).
Year 10 Face-to-Face Sessions - Week Beginning 29 June 2020
The Year 10 sessions next week are shown below. Group 3 and Group 4 need book an appointment time here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z9-OvhXCv3p45FufW8apZGyYZVqu2hYs0n3f8BxyRwk/edit?usp=sharing
Date Group Time Subject Room
Monday 29 June Group 1 10:00 – 12:00 Science U01
Monday 29 June Group 2 13:00 – 15:00 Science U05
Tuesday 30 June Group 3 10:00 – 12:00 Academic Review Canteen
Tuesday 30 June Group 4 13:00 – 15:00 Academic Review Canteen
Wednesday 01 June Group 5 10:00 – 12:00 English U01
Wednesday 01 June Group 6 13:00 – 15:00 English U05
Thursday 02 June Group 7 10:00 – 12:00 Maths U01
Thursday 02 June Group 8 13:00 – 15:00 Maths U05
Resources to help you talk to your child about racism
As the Black Lives Matter campaign gathers momentum around the world, there’s never been a better time to talk to children about prejudice, diversity and inclusion. ParentZone have produced a list of resources that may help you kickstart a conversation with your child.
The resources can be found here.
Online education resources for home learning update
The Government have updated their guidance for online education resources for home learning to include additional resources and new tips to help parents and carers with home education. The list of resources can be found here.
You may find this list helpful to supplement our Distance Learning off which can be viewed here - http://www.thedeanes.academy/work/
How to contact us
Can I also remind you that we want to do what we can to support our students and their families during this period.
In order to help with communication, we have set up a quick form. By using this form, we will be able to respond to you very quickly and it will allow our reception staff to remain at home.
If you need to contact us during this difficult period, please click here. The form is also on our website under the 'Contact Us' menu item.